Holidays to Algarve
From long, sandy beaches to rocky coves and rugged cliffs – the Algarve is a holiday destination full of surprises. Its beautiful weather and warm waters also make it a perfect holiday destination for all.
The Algarve region has long been the number one holiday spot for those looking to head to Portugal for their holidays. Families and couples will find everything they want in the region with its perfect climate, warm seas and long beaches. For those looking to experience the Portuguese culture – the Algarve is home to some of the best food around and has some historic towns to explore. With flight times to the Algarve just under 3 hours from Ireland – all of this could be yours sooner than you might think!
Holidays in Algarve – for the perfect beaches
- Albufeira is where you need to go to find the perfect beach resort. With its selection of long, sandy beaches it’s perfect for lying back and soaking up that amazing Portuguese sun. Perfect for families, Albufeira really won’t disappoint. The beaches are safe enough for children to enjoy themselves in the surf but also will offer adults the relaxation of good food and a selection of restaurants and bars.
- Praia Da Rocha is also a destination built for serving beach lovers, but perhaps for those with older children, this is the destination for you.
- Vilamoura is where you’ll find something a bit more exciting. Golf courses, sports facilities and all the water sports you could hope for are all there – along with a long, Blue Flag beach if the sun is all you’re after.
- For nightlife, you can also head to Vale Do Lobo however all the resorts will have a wide selection of bars to entertain you throughout the night.
- For something that is a little quieter, we’d suggest Alvor. There is something a bit more traditional about this location and will be of interest to people looking for the traditional side of Portugal. Whitewashed houses, cobbled streets and local amenities will mean you can pick up something unique to remember your holiday forever.